All definitions agree with is that a haunting is paranormal phenomena attributed to an entity tied to a place or object. These are the longest lasting of ghostly phenomena.
Dictionaries usually define a haunting as a place with ghosts or the ghost itself. The term is generally applied to psi, psychic phenomena, that include haunters, apparitions and poltergeists.
What Do Hauntings Include?
The term is generally applied to cases of apparitions, haunters and/or poltergeists. The psi may include one or phenomena such as:
* Sounds of footsteps could involve chains clanking, bangings, rappings, moans, screams, music and/or other sounds;
* Sights that may consist of lights flashing or floating, orbs, shadows and/or apparitions;
* Cold or warm spots;
* Odors that are peculiar, unpleasant or aromatic;
* Being touched by something invisible;
* Sensing an unseen presence;
* Objects moving by themselves or disappearing and reappearing;
* Doors and windows opening and closing by themselves;
* Electrical and electronic equipment being affected, and;
* Animals reacting to a presence.
Anyone had their own experiences they want to share with the forum?